A very warm welcome to you. My name is Dr Andreia Santo and I’m chartered and registered Clinical and Counselling Psychologist and Family and Systemic Practitioner.
I have been offering psychological services to children, young people and adults for over 10 years. I have worked in many different settings as a psychologist, including in the NHS (i.e. surgeries, health centres and hospitals), schools and in community and voluntary services.
I can support psychologically individuals, families and organisations that are experiencing mild to severe emotional and behavioural difficulties including the following ones:
- Oscillation of mood and sporadic anger outbursts
- Cultural adaptation and religion/spiritual identity issues
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Low motivation and self-confidence issues
- Low self-esteem
- Children mental health
- General anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Post-natal depression or related difficulties
- Obsessive and compulsive disorder
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Neurodevelopment conditions such as ASD, Aspergers, learning difficulties, Down syndrome, etc.
- Eating disorders
- Chronic pain
- Sleeping disorders
- Relationship difficulties with family members and spouses
- Personality Disorder
- Suicidal ideation or self-harm
- Chronic dependency issues
I’m an eclectic and holistic professional, trained and experienced in the use of a variety of psychological approaches, such as Person-centred, Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Family and Systemic Therapy. I also incorporate an unconditional self-love approach throughout my clinical practice. Find out more specific details about this innovative model that I have developed in this website.
I have seen throughout my professional practice and personal life that when an individual makes space for self-discovery, normally he/she is able to find all the necessary answers for their lives. It is important during the therapeutic work to also identify the possible conditions around you and that are no longer contributing to your happiness, so you can break free from them and experience yourself being 100% certain and confident in your decision-making. It would be a privilege to assist your self-discovery and personal empowerment, with all confidentiality.